Transform your waste into high quality secondary raw materials
In 50 years, the use of plastic has increased twenty-fold, and certain consumer products contain more than 50 different plastic resins. So recycling them poses a technical challenge. As a key player in plastics recycling, SUEZ is an expert in all plastic recycling techniques for bottles, containers, plastic films, technical industrial plastics etc., even the most complex techniques need to recycle food-grade plastics.
Our solutions cover the whole value chain to produce secondary raw materials to satisfy the highest standards:
- Collection and sorting: waste is collected using suitable containers then rigorously sorted using leading-edge technologies (separation of dense plastics, coloured or transparent plastics) for recovery as high-quality recycled raw materials.
- Recovery: through milling, shredding and micronisation techniques, plastic waste is transformed into granules or powders that can be directly used by industrial producers. These products are packaged and redirected to channels that will offer them a second life.
Revovering biowaste as compost
Our expertise in recycling all types of glass enables us to deliver custom solutions for industrial firms, with a quality of recycled glass making it directly usable. We use the only automated optical sorting technology in the world that can sort four distinct colours of glass: colourless, green, amber and russet. Other recycling channels are expanding with crushing and sieving operations to produce glass powder for use in many applications (paints, materials, tiles, roof tiles) or to create new materials (insulating glass foam or expanded glass balls, etc.).
Recovering wood and pallets
Wood waste is generated in all activities of the wood industry, from forestry operations to the manufacture of packaging materials such as pallets.
Wood containing no chemical products can be burned in private or communal boiler plants. Non-reusable pallets are crushed to make chips that can be used in chipboard or heating pellets, while reusable pallets are repaired and returned to service.
We offer a wide range of products:
- Wood waste to energy: wood chips are used to supply biomass boiler plants operated by local authorities or industrial firms.
- Material recovery of process wood: wood chips and sawdust are used to manufacture new products such as wall panels, furniture panels, building structures, etc.
- Biological recovery of agronomic wood: chips, rough fresh bark, composted bark, tree trunks are recycled as compost, used for agriculture, horticulture or vegetable crops
- Pallet reuse: rough pallet waste is delivered in homogenate form without contaminants or metal for recycling. It can be used to manufacture chipboard, to supply wood-burning boiler plants, etc