Environmental quality testing and monitoring is an essential component of environmental management and treatment evaluation. The services help improve the quality of the environment and the effectiveness of pollution control. In 2019, SUEZ established an Environmental Quality Monitoring (EQM) business to expand its portfolio into third-party environmental quality testing and monitoring. The EQM business provides high-quality services to research institutes, universities, governments, solid and hazardous waste disposal facilities, risk assessment and remediation companies, various industrial firms and resource and energy companies worldwide.
In recent years, environmental quality testing and monitoring has received increasing attention as an integral part of environmental treatment and management. In China, where the government is committed to improving the ecological environment, environmental and safety standards have been continually raised in recent years and environmental monitoring requirements have become increasingly stringent. The collection and effective analysis of environmental testing and monitoring data has become vitally important to help improve environmental quality and maximize the performance of pollution control activities.
Quality benchmarks and a leader in third-party laboratories for ecological and environmental monitoring in China
Since launching its EQM business in 2019, SUEZ now owns four comprehensive environmental testing laboratories with CNAS accreditation, as well as CMA laboratory accreditation in China. These labs are capable of testing and producing professional environmental monitoring reports and quality control reports on more than 2,000 parameters across different environments, such as water, soil and air. With a service infrastructure spanning the entire country and seven offices (in Chongqing, Wuhan, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin, Qingdao, Shenyang and Nanjing), the EQM business provides environmental monitoring technical support and consultation services for about 1,000 cities across 23 provinces, four municipalities and five autonomous regions, as well as Hong Kong and Macau.
From programme development, sample collection, on-site monitoring and laboratory testing to issuing professional monitoring reports and quality control reports, we provide customers with full-cycle, one-stop, premium technical services.
- Environmental standards and compliance monitoring programmes (soil, sediment, water, air and noise)
- Site survey and site risk assessment and testing analysis
- Contaminated site remediation and expected outcome analysis
- Monitoring of groundwater, surface water, drinking water, wastewater, seawater and other bodies of water
- Monitoring of ambient air, exhaust gas, workplace gas, indoor air, noise and swab samples
- Solid waste, hazardous waste and leaching toxicity analysis
- Analysis of farmland, agricultural products and various plant samples, etc.
- Site survey of Tianjin chemical blasts on 12 August 2015
- Site survey of Foreign Language School in Changzhou
- Site survey of Shanghai Disneyland
- Site survey and remediation for Shanghai World Expo
- Subsea sediment, seawater and surrounding soil survey after the Bohai Bay oil spill