Petrochina Sichuan Petrochemical wastewater treatment plant: A showcase of the Group’s advanced water treatment technologies
PetroChina Sichuan petrochemical project is an important part of the national energy development strategy, which is the basement for the state to expand domestic demand and adjust the energy structure. The project is included in the special plan for the medium-and long-term development of the state refining and ethylene industry, mainly composed of refining-chemical integrated project with the annual output of 10 million tons of refined oil and 800,000 tons of ethylene.
The project is located in Sichuan petrochemical base in Longfeng Town, Pengzhou City, Sichuan Province, covering an area of 4 km2, which fills the gap in petrochemical industry in the southwest of China, alleviates the perennial shortage of regional energy and chemical materials, and provides important guarantee for Sichuan to build itself into "a highland of economic development in western China".
Multiple rigid standards
Because of its geographical location, the environmental problems of Sichuan PetroChina project are sensitive and a comprehensive and effective wastewater treatment solution is the key to sustainable development of the project. Its technical challenges come mainly from:
- Tough discharge standards, requiring the effluent be discharged to Tuo River and finally to the Yangtze River;
- Requirement for lowering hard COD in the brine discharged into Tuo River from 175 mg/l to 60 mg/l;
- Discharge limit of 450 m3/hour;
- Higher reuse rate, requiring the total reuse rate to be 75%.
SUEZ provides a series of process guarantees for wastewater from raw water to recycling treatment. The main techniques used include:
DCI oil removal, neutralizing tank, floatation, A/O , DensaDeg®, Aquazur® V-filtration, OxyblueTM ultra-filtration, reverse osmosis, OxyBlueTM brine treatment, Cabarzur® activated carbon filtration, sludge treatment, which are the comprehensive display of the Group's advanced technology and strength.
- The wastewater treatment plant is the first project in China's petrochemical field to combine with conventional wastewater treatment, wastewater recycling, brine treatment and rainwater treatment, which treats industrial wastewater of 60,000 m3per day.
- The plant has China's first brine treatment system and an industrial wastewater recycling rate up to 75%.